The West is only few kilometres far from Genoa, Milan and Turin. You can reach it easily all year long. Sunny weather, well equipped sandy beaches, unpolluted nature, history and tradition of the valleys lying in the immediate inland areas … this part of the Province of Genoa is an ideal destination for a trip painted with deep blue-green.
A paradise to be enjoyed all year round, the right place for an unforgettable holiday.
Get ready to be submerged in art, culture and history, allow yourself to be seduced by museums, historical hamlets, spiritual places and opulent noble villas set in plush and lavish parks. Another worth noting aspect is the gastronomic one: the basil of Prà, the “farinata” of Pegli and the “focaccini” of Voltri. The workshop ancient traditions are to be mentioned: they are still being kept alive by the relatively unknown but of high calibre silversmiths in Campo Ligure who remind how this part of Liguria is a land of expert craftsmen. Last but not least, the uncontaminated nature in the “Genovesato” valleys and the Natural Regional Beigua Park: a world of natural beauty to be discovered by walking on the trails.
Built in a former nail factory, today it has been converted from an industrial site to a cultural and technological center: that is, since 1999, the Muvita Museum, an innovative project, developed over four floors.
A living museum, based on environmental values and sustainable development, it offers to the public, in particular to schools, the opportunity of a direct contact with science, environment and technology through interactive and captivating installations.
The underwater gym in Arenzano is made up of 25 prefabricated structures placed at a maximum depth of 18 meters and can be used by all scuba divers. The structures are made up of three different types of shaped constructions (cylindrical, pyramidal, box shaped) in order to satisfy, in a functional manner, all the sporting and recreational needs of scuba divers, thus, creating a new and alternative diving site.
April 11, 1991, during the transfer operations of crude oil from one tank to another, a violent explosion erupted aboard the Haven, a super tanker 334 meters long. For three days, a massive fire burned tons of oil and the ship broke the bow section, sinking for over 250 meters. The wreck now lies off Arenzano, in navigation trim on a muddy bottom at 80 meters depth.
Rebuilt in a Baroque style after the Second World War, to the left side of the entrance it preserves the painting by Orazio De Ferrari The Virgin holds the Child to San Felice in Cantalice. To the left side of the church you can admire the Oratory of Santa Chiara, dating back to the fifteenth century.
The two sections of the bike path, recently made in the extreme west of the province - the first from the marina in Arenzano to Cogoleto, near the mouth of the river Lerone, and the other from the west side of the City of Cogoleto to Varazze, certainly represents a site of high sports and tourist attraction, popular all year round, thanks to the beauty of the place and the mild climate.
It host the City Council. Built by Tobia Pallavicino (1558), it incorporated a medieval tower dating back to the thirteenth century. The Villa took the first name from the Marchesa Luisa Sauli Pallavicino who, in 1880, commissioned architect Luigi Rovelli, who also designed the park of Villa Brignole Sale Duchess of Galliera in Voltri, the design and construction of the large park. But not only. Luigi Rovelli also restored the Villa and gave it the current form of a medieval castle, with crenellated towers, according to the aesthetic sense of that time.