The Shrine of the Holy Child of Prague, opened in 1908, was consecrated and elected minor Basilica by Pius XI in 1928. The Church, built in neo-Renaissance style, presents a Latin cross structure. In the apse the Throne with the Child stands, which is a great fresco by Renzo Bonfiglio.
Majolica sculptures decorate the walls, work of Angelo Biancini from Faenza. Under the church, in an artificial cave, there is a permanent display of the Nativity Scene, with statues made with Albisola ceramics, work of E. Salino.
Address:Piazza Santo Bambino Gesù, 1 - 16011 Arenzano (GE)
For information:Tel. +39 010 9127386; Fax +39 010 9124218
Open:week-days from 7:15 am to 12:00 am and from 2:30 pm to 7:00 pm; holidays from 7:15 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:30 pm to 7:00 pm